Friday, August 12, 2011

Purple Thistle Whisker Flower


I saw this thistle pushing up through the roadway and suddenly in my mind's eye I rushed back into the past.

When my siblings and I were small we used these thistle flowers to pretend we were shaving like Dad.  Yep--I know, we were just kids--and I was a girl, but it was so much fun to whisk that purple brush around in the bottom of a cup of suds, then whirl it onto our smooth beardless chins.  Dad made shaving his face look like so much fun.


WARNING: Think twice about visiting The Abandoned without permission. You risk getting arrested for trespassing.








1 comment:

erin said...

such a tender image, beth. and then i get just a little sad for our children today who don't have the quiet chance to see so clearly. they are busy being so entertained by boxes and plugs.

beautiful photograph.

xo
erin