Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reflections in The Abandoned - Weekend Reflections

Last week I had the privilege of introducing my Sister Clytie, to Linda--her biggest fan!  We had a marvelous time together.  Sissy and Linda hit it off wonderfully.  It was such fun to see The Abandoned through Linda's eyes.  She said it was all she thought it would be and more.  We spent hours looking through the old place.


She was mesmerized by the broken windows found at the top most office areas of the building.  As you can see from the photo above--the struts of the ceiling are very close!  This window looks like some amazing artist's painting.


Here you can see some of the broken glass in the window pictured above.  What is wonderful about this photo is, I actually caught Sissy's profile in the glass, from where she stood behind me!


This is me--taking a "reflective" photo in the broken window of a building near the infamous Cabin 5, where some people speculate a murder took place.  Such are some of the more gruesome stories behind this amazing place we call The Abandoned.

For more wonderful reflections from around the world, be sure to visit James at Weekend Reflections.


WARNING: Anyone wishing to visit The Abandoned, must have permission from the owners.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reflecting on the Abandoned!

Clytie said...

I had such a good time that day, looking around at The Abandoned with my wonderful sissie and my new sissie-friend Linda. I can't wait to do it again!

I love your reflections, I think I have the twin to that top photo ... and I have a reflection of me in that same window at the bottom! Wow.

As for Cabin #5 ... the place still gives me the creeps. It was said to be suicide ... but rumor has it otherwise. I just try to avoid the spot, although I have left flowers there a few times.

'Tsuki said...

I just love the second one, with the silhouette on the piece of glass... Nicely shot.